Friday, June 28, 2013
It's so funny how we end up naming some of the dishes we make. This recipe's name speaks for itself. I don't remember how it got its name but, all of my good friends beg for my white girl egg rolls. The kids love them because there are no veggies in them. I have snuck them in before though :) p.s. the picture isn't very pretty, but they taste good.
1- Egg roll wrappers- I buy the brand Nasoya and I buy them at Walmart (you can buy whatever you can find but, this brand is my favorite)
2- Two diced up chicken breast
3- 3-4 diced potatoes
4- this is tricky the sauce I use is whatever I have in my fridge. I just mix it all to flavor
from teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, a little rice vinegar. Lately I have been using Panda Expresses mandarin sauce.
5- Pam cooking spray
First, I fry the diced potatoes in vegetable oil and season them then once soften I add the diced chicken. Cook until they are both cooked. I drain any extra oil and add the sauces that you prefer. Let it boil about 5 minutes. I then scoop a spoonful on a Egg Roll wrapper and roll it up (like you are making a burrito). I then spray a cookie sheet with Pam place the egg rolls onto the cookie sheet and spray the top of the Egg Rolls with Pam, This is what makes them crispy so, don't be shy with the Pam. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or so or until they look crispy. Then dip into any asian sauce like a sweet and sour or our favorite is Mae Ploy it is sweet with a little kick. I have even wrapped them up in a lettuce leaf and dipped them in a raspberry dressing. If you have any extra Egg roll wrappers I cut them up into thin strips and fry them and sprinkle them with a little salt. They are also great to dip in the sweet and sour and Mae Ploy sauce.
Posted by lee fam at 4:59 PM
Yeah! I am back. This living in the boonies is so new for this city girl, and getting internet was almost impossible. I survived and ready to get back to work :) We watch too many cooking shows here, and I saw this recipe on the television show The Chew. My kids love popcorn!!!
- 1 10.5-ounce bag Mini Marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups plain Popcorn- I just used a bag and a half of buttered microwave popcorn
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Cereal (Golden Grahams)
- 1 3.9-ounce package Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large stock pot, melt marshmallows and butter over medium-low heat.
- Once fully melted, whisk in the pudding mix until fully incorporated.
- Pudding mix, rather than cocoa powder, thickens the mixture and sticks better to the popcorn than cocoa.
- Fold in the popcorn and graham cracker cereal until coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spray an ice cream scoop with non-stick spray and portion out the popcorn mixture and gently form into a ball.
- When forming the popcorn balls, coat your spatula or ice cream scoop with nonstick spray so that the popcorn doesn’t stick to your utensil. If you don’t have nonstick spray, then use butter or oil.
- Place formed popcorn balls onto the prepared baking sheet.Continue to form popcorn balls with the remaining mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Popcorn balls can be stored in the fridge to stiffen or stored in a zip top bag on the counter for a softer consistency.
Posted by lee fam at 4:29 PM