Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mom's Baked Chicken--A Source of Unrighteous Pride

I had left home by the time Grandma Lee began making this recipe, but she would sometimes make it for us when we came to visit.  We really liked it, so I asked for the recipe.  When she shared the recipe, she told me that someone I know, who shall remain nameless, also made this recipe.  But, she told me me in no uncertain terms, HER recipe was better because it calls for 1/2 tp curry powder.  After that, I have never dared try out "the other" recipe to compare and see who's really was the best.  In honor of Mother's Day, and one of the best cooks ever, here is Grandma Lee's version.  (Terry)

MOM'S BAKED CHICKEN

1 C apricot jam
8 oz bottle Wishbone Bone Russian Dressing
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
½ tp curry powder
6 chicken breasts

Mix together all ingredients except chicken.  Place chicken in a baking dish.  Cover with sauce.  Cover.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Remove cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment