Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Souper Good--Refried Bean Soup


I'm really into soups.  I don't mind recipes with lots of ingredients, but I also don't mind a quick and easy soup sometimes, too.  I think I made this soup twice in the last week and a half.  Will probably make it again this coming week.  One of my daughters-in-law pointed me to this recipe.  It really hits the spot.  (Terry)


REFRIED BEAN SOUP
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes (I use petite diced.  4 C of tomatoes works, too.)
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 tp minced garlic
1 can (31 oz)  refried beans  (This is the BIG can.)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth  (I just measure out 2 C from those boxes of broth.)
In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes, onion and garlic to boil.  Reduce heat.  Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.  Stir in refried beans and broth.  Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with the following sides:  fresh cilantro, minced--sour cream--shredded cheese--baked tortilla strips or broken nacho pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment