Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes


My favorite cookie is the Snickerdoodle, so when I saw this recipe floating around Facebook I decided I needed to try it.




I just used a store bought cake for the cupcakes, but the frosting was super simple. I made them for Cole's preschool party. I made them the night before, so I put them in the fridge overnight and they were even better.


Ingredients:
  • 4 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 5 Tablespoons softened butter
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 envelope dream whip, dry not prepared
  • 3 Tablespoons milk
  • ½ cup flour
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
  • Cinnamon sugar for the top
 Directions:
 Beat cream cheese and butter together and then add sugar and vanilla. Add dream whip and milk. Add flour, sugar, salt and cream of tarter. Mix another minute, do not over beat. Frosting should have a cookie dough consistency. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle Cinnamon sugar over the top.


  This is where I got the recipe from http://www.chef-in-training.com/2014/09/snickerdoodle-cookie-dough-frosting/.




No comments:

Post a Comment