Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chicken Pillows

This is a recipe I found on the blog Real Mom Kitchen a couple of years ago and while it might sound weird being called 'Chicken Pillows,' LOL, but it is the best thing I've ever eaten. Its relatively simple to prep and cook. This my family's absolutely favorite meal, even my picky eaters will eat this. Now I always at least double the recipe, because we love to eat the leftovers. I hope your families enjoy this as much as mine. You can make it without mushrooms if you don't like them, but they really add to it. Enjoy. From the Kitchen of Michele Southworth


 
 
Chicken Pillows
3-4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
6 oz of cream cheese, softened
2 -4 tablespoons green onion, diced
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms (I can’t add this cause no one likes mushrooms, except me)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
¼ teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 cans of crescent rolls (I used the new crescent creations)
Bread crumbs
1 stick melted butter
In large bowl, mix together cream cheese, green onion, mushrooms, 2 Tbsp butter, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken and set aside. Open crescent rolls and carefully unroll dough. Separate each tube into 4 rectangles. Seal seam in center of each rectangle. Place one heaping tablespoon on half of each rectangle. Fold over other half of roll dough and seal edges, creating a pillow. Dip each pillow in melted butter and then bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cream sauce.
 
Cream sauce:
1 can cream of chicken of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon mayo
Milk
Combine ingredients in sauce pan and cook over medium heat until heated through. Although the recipe calls for 1/8 teaspoon of curry powder, I always add to taste after adding the initial amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment