Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Poppy Zuccini Bread--My MOST Favorite Zucchini Bread! Try It. You'll Like It.

  Remember when a few months ago I told you I have zucchini galore.  (And still do and it is now January of the following year.)  Well today I have a craving for my MOST favorite zucchini bread recipe.  I have several different breads I like, and will periodically pass the recipes on, but this is the one I like the most.  I got it this past fall at our Eastern Idaho State Fair.  I attended a workshop taught by Nancy Weber, and it is her recipe.  (Terry)


BLUEBERRY LEMON POPPY ZUCCHINI BREAD
1 C canola oil
2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tp lemon extract (yes, extract, not juice)
1/2 - 1 tp almond extract
1 TB grated lemon peel
2 1/2 C grated zucchini
1 TB poppy seeds
2 1/2 C flour
1 tp salt
1 tp baking soda
1 tp baking powder
1 1/4 C blueberries
In a large bowl, mix oil and sugar, by hand.  Add eggs and extracts.  Mix well.  Stir in zucchini lemon peel, and poppy seeds. 
In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Stir until combined.  Gently fold in blueberries.  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in come out clean.  Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans.
Glaze:
Mix together:  2 tp lemon juice, 2 TB butter, 1 tp almond extract, 1 TB milk, and 1+ C powdered sugar to desired consistency.  Spoon over mostly cooled bread.  Let cool completely to allow glaze to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment