Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Nacho Potato Soup

I love making soup.  I love eating soup.  As I looked over the recipes I had typed up for this blog, I realized that I had included only one soup recipe.  We need to fix that.  Nacho Potato Soup is Wayne's favorite so I will start with that one.  Whenever I mention this soup in front of Jeff (son), he always asks, "Then who's soup is it?"  (Not yo's potato soup--get it?)  Oh well.  You'll like it.  (Terry)


NACHO POTATO SOUP
In a large saucepan combine:
1 pkg (5 ¼ oz) au gratin potatoes
1 can (11 oz) drained whole kernel corn
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
2 C water.
Use the powdered cheese in the boxed potatoes
NOTE:  I use the mild tomatoes and green chilies
Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-18 min. or until potatoes are tender
NOTE:  Always takes longer than 18 minutes.
Add:
2 C milk
2 C cubed process American cheese (I use 1# Velveeta)
dash hot pepper sauce.
Cook and stir until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment