Saturday, February 9, 2013

Meatball Stroganoff

If a recipe got any simpler, it would make itself.  This is a quick, easy, no-planning-needed recipe.  My favorite kind. 
Awhile back I was asked to provide a taster's table of powdered milk products for a food storage fair our church sponsored.  Amongst other things, I made my own sour cream from powdered milk and used it in this meatball stroganoff recipe. Out of all the things I made, I think this was one of the favorites.  I had several young men who kept coming back to my table.  I guess they liked it.  Later I served this same recipe (with the homemade sour cream) at a husband/wife dinner.  Again, those meatballs went fast.  When I make it for my husband and myself or for visiting grandkids, I just use store-bought sour cream.  (Terry)
 
MEATBALL STROGANOFF

1 jar (12 oz) home-style beef gravy
½ C sour cream
1 pkg (12 oz) frozen fully cook meatballs, thawed (only if you remember)
Hot egg noodles

In a saucepan, combine the gravy and sour cream.  Bring to boil; stir in meatballs.  Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.  Serve over noodles.  Yield:  4 servings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment