Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cream Cheese Chicken

My personal philosophy is--if it's got cream cheese in it, you can't go wrong.  That applies to sweet as well as savory dishes.  A few weeks ago, Smith's had cream cheese on sale for $1.00 a package.  Where I live, that is a super price nowadays.  So I bought 40 of them.  And now I'm ready to cook.  Here's one of my favorite "cream cheese" recipes.  My daughters and dil also serve this dish.  At church dinners I get requests for the recipe.  Hope you enjoy it as well.  (Terry)

CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cube butter--cubed
1 pkg Italian Good Seasons dressing mix (dry)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese--cubed
Place chicken pieces in crockpot.  Put the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 2 hours.  Serve over cooked noodles or mashed potatoes.
NOTE:  I like to use larger breast pieces.  I cut each breast into thirds.  I cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment